British Association of Retinal Screeners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion forum for diabetic eye screeners.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BARS Oct 2009 VRC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
reteyescr

BARS Oct 2009 VRC Empty
PostSubject: BARS Oct 2009 VRC   BARS Oct 2009 VRC Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:15 am

Hi All, Even though I very much enjoy going to the BARS conferences every year, it become disappointing when some of the lectures are aimed at Ophthalmologists, Opticians and NOT Retinal Screener Graders. It is after all a British Association for Retinal Screeners is it not.
Like most of my colleagues we were shocked at having to, in the future belong to a registered body. The VCR is as it says Voluntry....but as we were told, in the future it will not be Voluntary. Not only that but the cost of £200 for initial registration and £60 per year afterwards is outrageous.
The lecture lost me after about 5mins. I suggest that when expalining the need for VRC it is done in a much easier to follow manner. I may have got my wires crossed regarding this but come on guys £200 NO WAY !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Aly

BARS Oct 2009 VRC Empty
PostSubject: Re: BARS Oct 2009 VRC   BARS Oct 2009 VRC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:51 pm

I completely agree that most of the members would have been completely broadsided about the existence of the VRC, and that we are being encouraged to 'sign up'. It should have definitely have been introduced and presented by someone from our own 'industry' in fact Ithink Grant Duncan could have done a great job of the whole thing rather than the rather dull presentations of the other two. Sleep I also think much more importance with maybe a 'key point' hand out so we could all take away to digest. It certainly is coming to us soon, but I don't feel this was the way to get us all reaching for pens to sign.
Back to top Go down

BARS Oct 2009 VRC
Page 1 of 1