British Association of Retinal Screeners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion forum for diabetic eye screeners.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

C&G Certificate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yvonne

C&G Certificate Empty
PostSubject: C&G Certificate   C&G Certificate Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:02 am

Hi
Is there any update regarding the C&G certificate changing to 'Diploma'? I have finally completed modules 1-8 (awaiting final marking on 2 as I write)..and would be happy with the certificate...but much happier knowing I will get a Diploma instead!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nesta

C&G Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: C&G Certificate   C&G Certificate Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 9:14 am

I have contacted DRS office and was advised to encourage my screeners to finish the units. They will then be given the option to wait until Sept before claiming thier award. DRS office are still not sure if in fact a Diplolma will be the final outcome!
Back to top Go down
vanessa

C&G Certificate Empty
PostSubject: City & Guilds Diploma   C&G Certificate Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:40 am

You should now have the appropriate information from the Clare Waite/ Sue Ackland. Units 1 & 5 of the Certificate are now on hold, and the diploma questions relating to these modules will be issued to different programmes in a staggered process (so that those people processing them are not overwhelmed with too many all at once. Your programme manager will have registered you for them, and should have some idea as to when the questions will be sent to you.
Back to top Go down
Richard

C&G Certificate Empty
PostSubject: City & Guilds Diploma   C&G Certificate Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 6:56 am

We have already received additional questions to the Units 1 and 5 so they are being rolled out. I think assessors and internal verifiers get the first bite of the cherry.
Back to top Go down
Aly

C&G Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: C&G Certificate   C&G Certificate Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:24 pm

So how does the C&G get completed by those registered? Do people get given time within working hours? and who checks to see that units are completed within 2 years of registering for them? It seems to me that if the registering of staff happens..no make that when..some of these things may need to be more formalised; for example should units 5 and 6 be completed before an individual runs a clinic alone? I really believe there needs to be a more formalised framework for screening/grading and I would include admin. so we can all truly say we are singing form the same hymn sheet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

C&G Certificate Empty
PostSubject: Re: C&G Certificate   C&G Certificate Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C&G Certificate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
British Association of Retinal Screeners :: Topics for Discussion :: Education and the Eye Screening Certificate/Diploma.-
Jump to: