Discussion forum for diabetic eye screeners.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

So I finally got here!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aly

PostSubject: So I finally got here!   Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:38 pm

Well after seeing the demonstration of the forum at BARS conference in Newcastle I decided to come have a look-see and maybe post. The forum was certainly NOT to be found on the home page as demonstrated at the bottom of the menu choice, and it was only going through a link on Google that I got here at all. The first time I tried to register I did not receive a confirmation e-mail, and now 3 days later I have made it, but how many will fall by the wayside? (obviously if they don't get here they will not respond to this- what a conundrum!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oXo

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:27 pm

Didn't see the forum demo as didn't get to the conference this year, but always interested to know whats going on

Personally found "here" from the April newsletter, and interested to read the part which said

BARS have set up this forum because there is nothing out there that is dedicated to diabetic retinal screening; it will take time to snowball but with your help we should have a thriving and interesting tool for us all to use

Not strictly true! There's been "Eyetalk" available since late 2004! (guessing that a few on here will also be a member there?) Sadly it's dwindled to nothing over the last year, so hopefully here will do better!

Last edited by oXo on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aly

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:22 pm

Well, I don't think this is a user friendly message board! Hard to find and when I came back today I couldn't fathom out how to log back in..none of the lovely shiny marbles say 'idiots guide to logging back in' Oh No but finally I discovered Arrow on/off. Now I realise that you may all be smarter than me, but judging by the number of registered members compared to the number of posts...well I may have ended up being a 'once only' kind of guy myself - as it is I am going to try and post over a week and see if there is any life in here..oh and thanks oXo Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oXo

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 am

Aly wrote:
Well, I don't think this is a user friendly message board! Hard to find and when I came back today I couldn't fathom out how to log back in..none of the lovely shiny marbles say 'idiots guide to logging back in' Oh No but finally I discovered Arrow on/off. Now I realise that you may all be smarter than me, but judging by the number of registered members compared to the number of posts...well I may have ended up being a 'once only' kind of guy myself - as it is I am going to try and post over a week and see if there is any life in here..oh and thanks oXo Smile

Thanks for what may I ask?! Question

PS, must agree with the "On/Off" thing - makes less sense than "Log in/Out"
Also, the notification of replies to topics you have posted in doesn't seem to be working........ Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aly

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:43 pm

oXo I am thanking you for reading my ramblings and taking the time to reply cheers ...however I am begining to think this message board is like a biological agent has annihilated (well maybe not quite the spelling) the retinal screening world affraid and we are the only 2 left! The message board was plugged at Bars conference, but it doesn't seem to have been a winner. Oh well I am enjoying using the emoticons Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oXo

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:31 am

Aly wrote:
oXo I am thanking you for reading my ramblings and taking the time to reply

Thanks Aly! Just that I've never been thanked for replying to a post on a forum before (and believe me, I am a forum junky, with literally thousands of posts spread across various car, music, computer etc sites!)

TBH, as hinted at above, I can't see that you can force people to post - Eyetalk has been offering the opportunity for ages and yet has never really been busy. Are you a member there?

(ps, still no topic reply notification emails working)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aly

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:05 am

I guess you are right about forcing people to post,although I still believe that it is really diff to find this forum. I went to Eyetalk after you mentioned it, I couldn't register as 3 times is didn't like the user name I chose (I did pick a different one each time!) I couldn't even read all the posts!!
I thought it would be good to see what views were about registration that sounds like it is coming, but ... !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aly

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:13 pm

So I tried to get access today through the BARS forum home page; links certainly takes you to a list which has 'forum' atthe top, but each time I clicked on it ... web page not found. Maybe this is a reason for lack of visitors? Anyway I said I would visit and try to post every day for a week, so one more to go. I am really disappointed that the show of hands at BARS suggested the forum was wanted, but that's not how it looks from this screen Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aly

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Well I tried, I really did, but after a week only 2 others posted on here- would be happy to return in the future oh, and oXo you may need to look in your spam for notifications! Au revoir
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oXo

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:48 pm

Aly wrote:
I went to Eyetalk after you mentioned it, I couldn't register as 3 times is didn't like the user name I chose (I did pick a different one each time!) I couldn't even read all the posts!!
I thought it would be good to see what views were about registration that sounds like it is coming, but ... !

Seems there was a site block on new users to attempt to combat rogue logons from bots and spam sites etc

Admin have been informed and now sorted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I finally got here!   

Back to top Go down

So I finally got here!
Page 1 of 1