Discussion forum for diabetic eye screeners.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Manchester 2010

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aly

PostSubject: Manchester 2010   Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:45 pm

As the vote was to keep this forum I thought I had better make the effort to start the ball rollling and encourage you 'guests' who have peeked a look over the last couple of days to post.
I enjoyed the conference, and think the re-scheduling of the AGM proved a success.
My personal view is that the workshops didn't work for me..too many people? My understanding was to expect small groups with specific ideas to discuss, and then key points to feed back to the whole of conference which could be the first step to moving forwards for all programmes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SCREENER1

PostSubject: Re: Manchester 2010   Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:47 am

I agree, the workshops implied a more compact group session rather than the large groups that seemed to dilute opinion and lose direction. I don't think many people are keen to put their hands up and speak in such large groups. The formt you suggest was used successfully at the last PM meeting in Coventry though.

I think the BARS AGM was a little dis-organised.

The speakers and presentations were excellent value and I gained a lot from them, more than from the workshops.

I think, although Dr Sue Cohen gave an exepctional presentation about the state of the ENSPDR and it's future, there needed to be more input from the national programme concerning guidance on meeting service objectives, etc. There still seems to be a lot of people asking questions about how to do this and how to do that and no real decisive answer from up high.

I will look forward to the new BARS website and revised EQA test systems when they arrive!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aly

PostSubject: Re: Manchester 2010   Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Sadly I think history is repeating itself Mad either the people reading this were not in Manchester, or they prefer to keep their thoughts to themselves Evil or Very Mad there is a huge untapped workforce in the retinal screening world, maybe some of them are not even aware of this forum. I have no answers. What I would like to say is that the reviews for next years BARS conference hotel....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
oXo

PostSubject: Re: Manchester 2010   Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:55 pm

I wasn't there, but then you already know that!

Out of curiosity, what was said about this forum?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aly

PostSubject: Re: Manchester 2010   Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:32 am

'I will look forward to the new BARS website'
Are there any updates on the progress with this as it's 4 months on from BARS 2010?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manchester 2010   

Back to top Go down

Manchester 2010
Page 1 of 1